Sunday, 31 July 2011

I learned something

I just learned (as you'll know if you read the comments on my first post) that if you're using Firefox and don't allow third party cookies, you can't post a comment on a Blogspot blog.

That's what I learned on Blogger help, anyway, when I looked it up to find out why my test comments were not appearing (but my friend's were.)

I did not want to accept third party cookies, so I figured out how to limit things a little. I allowed two exceptions, in preferences (privacy). I allowed google.com and blogspot.com. While this means I have probably allowed half the Internet to plant cookies in my browser (Google is everywhere these days), at least I haven't allowed ALL the Internet to plant cookies in my browser.

Hooray!

4 comments:

Badaunt said...

Oh, and incidentally, if you're wondering about the Tumblr blog, it's here:

http://badaunt.tumblr.com/

It won't be there for long, though. I'm taking it down. Just not tonight. It's bedtime.

kenju said...

That must be why I had such a hard time leaving comments when I first started using FF! Thanks for the info.

Lucy said...

welcome back, You!!

Badaunt said...

Thank you for the welcomes!

I've missed you, too.