Saturday, 30 July 2011

New

I briefly tried out Tumblr, but decided Blogger is best for me. Familiar. Also, I didn't like the 'like' thing.

YOU 'LIKE' ME? WHO ARE YOU AND WHY DO YOU LIKE ME? GO AWAY, STALKER.

This whole social networking thing is difficult for me. 'Like.' 'Friend.' I joined Facebook once, under a different name, just to try it out. Next thing I knew someone was asking me to be their friend.

WHAT? WHO? WHY?

Friends are good. I like having friends. But you can't just suddenly decide you want to be friends with a stranger. You have to build a relationship first, or, preferably, an elationship.

So this is my new blog. Eventually I'll add a blogroll and a banner and so on, but I haven't been reading any blogs for a while and have not taken very many photos recently, and if I wait for inspiration for a lovely design I'll never get started. I'm keeping it simple, and will add things as I go.

Welcome back, me.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

test

Anonymous said...

the 2nd comment from Mayumi

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

None of my own test comments have shown up at all. Now I'm trying Safari (instead of Firefox) to see if that's the problem...

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that worked! Next I'll try logging in and doing it again!

Badaunt said...

OK, this time I'm logged in. I wonder if I can post a comment now? (And if I can, how annoying that Firefox doesn't work!)

Badaunt said...

Oh, crap. Safari works. Firefox doesn't. Will have to check Firefox settings. Maybe cookies or popups or something...

Anonymous said...

Try again...

Badaunt said...

Ha! Sorted!

kenju said...

You persevered!! Good for you. welcome back into the blogosphere - you have been missed!

I like this look; it's clean and neat. So many blogs are too visually messy for me. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you!

torrygirl said...

Welcome Back!

Keera Ann Fox said...

Welcome back, yes! Love the blog title. Very descriptive of what Norwegians do. They tend to congregate where people walk. :-)

Kay said...

Welcome back!! I'm moving to Seattle area on Sunday and hoping for A New Life myself. Blogging again like you would be great--so happy to see you again!!

JoycePua said...

So glad to be reading you again. =)
-fallensnow

Anonymous said...

Nice to have you on board again my old friend ... Bellabroad

Badaunt said...

Hello you!
Just noticed your comment. I hear you've been having SNOW???!! Enjoying it?

Doris said...

Belated welcome back Badaunt :-) I like the idea of "elationship". I too have been excessively quiet blogwise, or rather occupied elsewhere. Though am having a go at writing again because it is good for me. I don't see many photographs and you often posted such lovely little treats on your old blog. May you be happier as the months pass. Doris x