Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Blah

Haven't been updating much because it's too damned hot and humid. Also, I have a problem with my neck and back that makes my neck hurt sitting at the computer. I am working on rearranging my desk setup to make it more comfortable, but part of the problem with getting it done is that it's too damned hot and my neck hurts.

I just watered the garden. Today I timed it, because I was sure I wasn't spending THAT much time out there, so how come whenever I water the garden I get four mosquito bites? Our garden is small. 

It takes two minutes to water the garden. That means that out in the garden the mosquitoes bite at a rate of two per minute. Perhaps it is worth spraying myself before watering the garden after all. I always think it won't be worth it, because I do it so quickly.

The most enjoyable part of watering the garden is the bit where I spray water around randomly and watch little bits of plants detach themselves and launch skyward. Those little frogs are good at hiding until they get watered. Apparently they don't like it.

Or perhaps they do. Perhaps they're jumping for joy.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Uri Pen" here ;) (See the email I sent you at your gmail addy.)

Those froglets sound darrrling (I adore croakers)! I envy you having them right there in your backyard: here in San Diego, in my desert surroundings, no froglets, just ants, earwigs, spiders, snakes, gophers, wild hares, ants, earwigs, spiders, ants, earwigs, spiders...

But once, when I was housesitting in Carlsbad (an hour north of here), in a very green mobile home park, a little frog glued himself, like some sort of Pagan mezzusah [sp?] right next to the door. I took him in the house to play with him, which he took revenge for by peeing all over me, so then I took him in the bathroom to wash him and my hands, which prompted him to hop right onto the toothbrush (blch!) and then onto the mirror. LMTO! I go the best abs workout from that incident!